Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tacos!

The Gourment Warehouse is a dangerous and wonderful place. On a recent trip there I bought a tortilla press. Why? Just seemed like a good idea. I take my new contraption (plus about a billion different caking supplies) home. I need corn flour. The booklet and the internet say that it is available at "most supermarkets". That, it turns out, does not include Save on More, Price Smart (a division of Save On) and the ghetto Safeway in Burquitlam do not sell it. Finally found the flour.

I don't know why I assuemed tortillas were more like bread in the lenght of time it takes to make them. With the "resting time" of 20 minutes, I think the prep took 22 minutes. A few attempts at the size of ball to put in the press and I did it! Tortillas!


The filling I made from a pork chop that I sliced up and then cooked with some chili powder, cumin and some water like the package taco sauce. The salsa was homemade from peach, avocado, scallion, tomato, cilantro and lime.



I was super excited!

1 comment: